We often have breakfast casserole for supper. It’s easy to make and filling for everyone. Here is a recipe I’ve used recently and we all really enjoyed.
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced (I didn’t use bacon this last time, instead I used left over Easter ham)
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped (I usually use half because the kids don’t care for onion much)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten (I used 8 eggs)
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese (I omitted the swiss cheese and just used a little extra cheddar).
- I’ve also added a green onion for some extra flavor.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until set and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.